Thursday, March 3, 2011

Parental Influences

I love my parents but I don’t want to be either of them. Unfortunately I know I’ve inherited some of the bad characteristics and well as some of the good from both of them. It’s only natural, I suppose, and it’s just something I have to deal with.

I know I’ve got my dad’s temper and impatience. I do not suffer fools at all gladly. Road rage plagues my driving experience. I have, thank goodness, a pretty good ability to bite my tongue when needed. It doesn’t always kick in but for the most part it has saved me from unleashing on many an unwitting victim.

I know I have my mum’s inability to throw things away. It’s probably bordering on hoarding. I figure the next time I move I will get rid of some things. Or I will just have to find a bigger place to put it all.

I just hope that my son doesn’t pick up too many of my bad habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment